This service is provided by Step-Ladder Ltd registered in England and Wales under company number company number 09511638 with registered office at 200 Railway House, 14 Chertsey Road, Woking, GU21 5AH.
Step-Ladder.net (“the Website”, “We” or “Us”) take your privacy very seriously, as your trust is really important to Us. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered with the Information Commissioner (Registration Number ZA108537).
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. We will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data but the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and no guarantee can be given as to the security of data transmitted. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
- Some of the information that you provide us with during the registration process will be made available to other Users in response to searches that they perform using the Website. Your email address and deposit or estimated mortgage amount details will never be made available in this way by us. It is up to you if and when you disclose further contact details to others. Please remember that, because of the nature of the Internet, any information you disclose during this process becomes public information.
- We will only contact you with your consent.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to minimise the risk of unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us. All of your personal information that We do hold is held on and processed by computers located in the United Kingdom.
- We use “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- This policy applies only to the Website and not to other websites to which We provide links. You are advised to read the privacy policies of any other website. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us.